Milton’s Class Agents strengthen the bond that alumni have with each other and with the school. Your unique, person to person connections are the basis of a successful Milton Fund. As a Class Agent, you will be helping Milton by:
Leading by example. Show your commitment to Milton by giving early in the fiscal year. Educating your classmates on the importance of supporting the Milton Fund and increasing your class’s annual giving and Milton Fund participation. Serving as an ambassador. Class Agents stay in contact with their classmates regularly and provide feedback to the development office on classmates’ interests, concerns, news, and updated contact information.
Class agents are responsible for providing leadership for the fundraising efforts of his or her class each year. Class agents should:
- Make a gift to the Milton Fund that you feel good about. Making a gift early in the fiscal year is the best preparation for seeking equally generous and thoughtful gifts from others. Your gift will serve as an example for others to follow
- Communicate regularly with your classmates via phone calls, emails, social media, etc.
- Write letters to your classmates in the fall and spring.
- Attend (schedule permitting) and encourage attendance of alumni events, campus happenings, and Class Reunions.
- Identify members of your class who may have the capacity to make a leadership gift, and communicate specific donor interest and concerns to the development office.
- Be knowledgeable about the careers and interests of fellow classmates.
- Help in thanking classmates who have made gifts through thank you notes, personal phone calls, or e-mails.
AgentSphere Training Video